Thursday, May 8, 2008

White House Agrees to Natty Park Expansion in Lowell

Just want to make sure everyone caught this -- the Bush Administration just rogered off on an expansion of the National Park area near the south side of the Pawtucket Canal.

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_9196748

I haven't written about Hamilton Canal stuff lately, but this is just another harbinger of more great things to come for the city. Good time to be a property owner downtown, especially in our building, which my neighbor Craig calls "Shangri-Lowell."

Also, has anyone noticed how frequently Michael Dukakis has been in town lately? I feel like I've either seen him quoted in the Sun or heard about him being in town for different events at least three times this week. Besides being America's greatest governor in the 1980s, Michael Dukakis is a hero of mine because he is one of the few politicians I can point to and say he's both great (at what he does) and good at the same time. I hope I get the chance to meet him next time he's in town.

Unfortunately, I've been out of town most of the week due to work stuff. And I have duty tomorrow, which means I'm in charge of the building and won't be back in the Mill City until Saturday.

No comments: