Friday, August 7, 2009

Franky D Fundraiser at the Old Court -- Next Thursday, 13 AUG

Below is an e-mail that I received as a member of the Franky for Lowell list. This event is definitely inked in on my calendar, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun, but my only critique going in is that $50 to walk in the door ($25 for a ticket purchased at Humanity x 2) seems sort of steep. That said, I know money matters in politics, and I know that Franky's election would be a huge win for Downtown Lowell. Hope to see you there..

I have vowed a campaign of innovation and fresh ideas. Next Thursday, I will attempt to put my voice where my mouth is - with a unique Karaoke Fundraiser at the Old Court from 7:00pm - 10:00pm. The goal with this event is first and foremost to have some fun. We're hoping to bring a little levity to what some have described as a contentious political season.

We're using the "American Idol" format with gregarious host Jerry Bisantz, co-founder and director of Image Theater, and three celebrity judges: radio personality Bob Ellis, State Rep. Tom Golden, and entertainer Trish Neary.

Tickets are $30 at the door or $25 if purchased online or at my Campaign Headquarters, 128 Merrimack St., Lowell.


For more information please visit my website, www.FrankyForLowell.com

No comments: