Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's The Most Won-der-ful Time...

Yup, it's that time again. I don't even have to fill out brackets to love March Madness.

This is the greatest sporting event there is.

I promise you no one will walk up the court.

I promise you no one will turn lazy when there's a loose ball.

I promise you real tears when teams are eliminated. No thoughts about golf clubs, and agents, and contracts, but just real, live heartbreak or joy after the buzzer.

I promise you a seed higher than 11 will put on the slippers and head to the Sweet Sixteen.

No matter how the first two rounds really go, some headline writer will deem 2010 "The Year of the Upset." But that's okay.

And no matter who comes out on top in the end -- even if it's a #1 seed and an odds-on favorite from the beginning -- the first words out of the mouth of the winners will be these: "No one said we could do it!" But that's okay, too.

I'll still love every minute that I watch.

No comments: